- 2014 VDO REDI-Sensor Application Guide
- REDI-Sensor makes TPMS service faster, easier and more profitable.
- service has grown more and more complex, with competing sensor
- standards, multiple scan and trigger tools, expensive equipment and
- software updates. Now, the VDO REDI-Sensor brings simplicity, ease of
- installation and better profit potential to TPMS service. REDI-Sensor is
- a technological breakthrough based on the concept of having one TPMS
- sensor preprogrammed to work with multiple makes and models.
- Works with all major TPMS scan tools.
- no further â€“ REDI-Sensor is the TPMS service solution that the
- aftermarket has been waiting for! Itâ€™s simple. Take REDI-Sensor out of
- the box, install it, and follow the OE vehicle relearn procedure â€“
- thatâ€™s it! Unlike competitive sensors, there is never a need to â€˜cloneâ€™
- or to load vehicle software / protocols to a blank â€˜universalâ€™ sensor.
- These steps take specialized programming tools, which add time, cost and
- Ready to install right out of the box.
- requires no special sensor programming and relearns to the vehicle just
- like an OE sensor. While competitive multi-application and universal
- programmable sensors require the added cost of specialized sensor
- programming tools, software, and labor to program or clone a blank
- sensor, REDI-Sensor comes ready to go onto the vehicle, right out of the
- Faster hunt mode.
- saves valuable time during the vehicle relearn process, when using TPMS
- scan tools that incorporate a hunt mode. REDI-Sensor uses an
- â€˜intelligent designâ€™ to wake faster and deliver positive results sooner.
- This helps prevent the vehicle relearn process from timing out, which
- eliminates the need to redo the procedure.
- Enhanced tire / wheel components.
- REDI-Sensor pivoting valve stem angle, combined with technically
- superior valve stem hardware / sealing components, maximizes wheel
- Less inventory for parts providers.
- REDI-Sensor replaces a host of OE sensors, including banded, snap-in
- and clamp-in types from Beru, Continental, Lear, Pacific, Schrader,
- Siemens VDO and TRW. With REDI-Sensor, parts stores can substantially
- reduce the number of sensor SKUs required to provide full TPMS coverage
- and eliminate costly service delays. Parts stores can also deliver
- REDI-Sensor without worrying whether their customers have the TPMS scan
- tools necessary to work with it, because if they have the tools and
- know-how to work with OE sensors, theyâ€™re ready for REDI-Sensor.
- Eliminates lost service opportunities.
- shops only need to keep a small supply of REDI-Sensors on hand to be
- ready to service practically any vehicle that comes in. No waiting for a
- part delivery and no lost sales to drivers that canâ€™t leave their
- Broad and deep TPMS application coverage.
- REDI-Sensor provides multi-application coverage for a broad range of
- cars, vans, SUVs, crossovers and light trucks from 2002 â€“ 2014. Expanded
- Audi, GM truck (PWM), Mercedes, Volkswagen, Volvo, Subaru and even more
- Asian vehicle coverage available now!
- Only 4 REDI-Sensor sensor
- assemblies provide extensive coverage for domestic, Asian and European
- cars, trucks, SUVs, crossovers and vans, replacing over 200 OE sensors â€¦
- and counting! The hundreds of new applications covered by REDI-Sensor
- have been added to the already broad and deep coverage of the VDO OE
- TPMS Replacement Parts Program.
- Continually expanding coverage -
- With VDO REDI-Sensor, we are researching and validating new vehicle
- applications daily â€“ ensuring that our REDI-Sensor coverage continues to
- grow, and our customers are ready for whatever vehicle enters the bay!
- Reliable, long-standing OE partner.
- is a market leader and pioneer in the design and manufacturing of OE
- TPM Systems, sensors, and tires. Our heritage of trust and innovation
- was not built overnight. For over a century, Continental has been
- recognized as a committed partner in the automotive industry.
- OE engineering for the aftermarket:
- 1. VDO multi-application sensor technology easily syncs with a variety of vehicles
2. Ready out of the box! Pre-programmed and designed to follow OE vehicle relearn procedures
3. Valve core, stem and hex nut treated against corrosion
4. Valve cap seal minimizes air loss
5. Pivoting valve stem makes installation easier and accommodates a wide range of wheel rim profiles
6. Robust waterproof design resists tire air moisture
7. Technically superior valve sealing design
- REDI-Sensor service parts.
- REDI-Sensor replacement parts and service kits are available and
- include valve core, valve nut, seal, seal washer, and valve cap.
- Replacements are also available for the sensorâ€™s durable metal valve
- stem, which is reusable.